Rhubarb season! And instead of timeless cakes, we melt into Laurent Mariotte’s super-gourmet cake, which requires only 7 ingredients and 30 minutes of preparation.
Laurent Mariotte sets our plate for summer time! After fragrant tomato chan and fragrant edamame salad, renowned food writer honors a seasonal vegetable that is cooked like a fruit: rhubarb. If we have already managed to open its express recipe in Small dishes in balancefood show TF1, Laurent Mariotte also publishes it on his website so that we can reproduce it at home whenever we want. A real generous!
Recipe: Rhubarb Cake by Laurent Mariotte.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 500 g rhubarb
- 175 g light cane sugar
- 3 eggs
- 10 ml liquid cream
- 200 g T55 flour
- 1 package dry yeast
- 60 g melted butter
- Butter and flour the cake pan (in chef’s jargon, this is called a shirt).
- Mix all ingredients for the dough except oil molten, in the mixer bowl.
- Mix everything and add melted butter and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into a mold and place in the freezer for one hour.
- Briefly peel the rhubarb, cutting the stems into sections along the width of the form. Sprinkle with 50 g of sugar and leave to drain for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Take out the cake, spread the pieces of rhubarb straight like steaks in a mold and bake for 50 minutes.
- Let cool, remove the cake from the mold and pour over the squeezed rhubarb juice.
spring recipe which we are happy to accompany with an iced coffee or a refreshing drink with reduced sugar content.