- 1 kg sardines
- 1 potato
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Spices: 1 teaspoon cumin, salt and pepper.
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- For the sauce: 2 diced tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons tomato puree, 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon paprika, salt and pepper.
- Scale, gut and peel sardines
- Open and remove the bones, then spread the sardines on a work surface.
- Prepare the filling: Boil potatoes in water (about 20 minutes), peel, mash with a spoon, add parsley, garlic, onion, lemon juice, harissa and spices.
- Put some stuffing on the sardine, cover with the second sardine (Repeat the operation until the sardines run out)
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and dip the stuffed sardines on all sides, then in the flour
- Brown each side in a hot oiled pan.
- For sauce: Heat oil in a saucepan, add chopped garlic, add tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf and spices, add a glass of water, simmer (20-30 minutes)
What’s going on in Tunisia?
We explain on our YouTube channel. Subscribe!