Cyril Lignac offers a Peruvian recipe for a marinated fish ceviche called leche de tigre. Find out here how to make this dish rich in flavor.
Today on RTL, a listener asks how to make fish ceviche. “Ceviche is a dish originally from Peru. We call it ceviche because a fish cube has a side size of 1 cm to 1.5 cm.“, – explains Cyril Lignac. Therefore, the chef suggests preparing a Peruvian ceviche, using the acidity of the marinade to cook the fish.
Ingredients for Sirillian fish ceviche with tiger leche
Therefore, Cyril Lignac suggests preparing a Peruvian marinade called leche de tigre. Here are the ingredients you will need to make this marinated fish recipe:
- Pieces of sea bream with a diameter of 1 to 1.5 cm.
- corn seeds
- sweet potato
Leche de tiger
- 2 onions
- 1 celery stalk
- bird pepper
- bunches of coriander
- 1 handful coarse salt
- 100 g fish trimmings
- lime juice
- coconut milk
White fish can be replaced with raw scallops.
Stages of fish ceviche with tiger leche in the style of Cyril Lignac
For this recipe, count 20 minutes for prep and 5 to 10 minutes for marinade. Feel free to ask your fishmonger to cut sea bream for you. It is important that the fish is neither thinner nor larger than indicated, otherwise it may be overcooked or too raw. Here are the steps to follow:
- Mix the ingredients and leave to marinate for a day in the refrigerator.
- Strain the sauce through a colander. Add coconut milk or a little lime to soften the tart and spicy taste of the sauce.
- Marinate the sea bream in the spicy broth for 5-10 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the sea bream pieces, some spicy broth, small corn seeds, pre-boiled sweet potato, avocado and cucumber pieces.
All you have to do is enjoy this fresh and tasty dish. It is suitable as an appetizer or as a light meal.